Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Update to our Verizon Service (or lack thereof)


Well, foks, I finally found out the TRUE skinny on our cellphone service.  I finally got someone at Verizon to give me the name of their "Partner Network Service", the ones who actually own the cell tower up here in our piece of Heaven.  It is Commnet Cellular, local office is in Castle Rock, CO.   I spoke with their service people, who were extremely nice, by the way!  However, their news was not so nice. They said there were NO PLANS TO EVER UPGRADE OUR TOWER and NEVER WERE ANY PLANS TO DO SO!!!!  Despite what Verizon had been saying all these years!!!!  So, I made one last call to Verizon.  Told them to cancel our service. Of course, they asked the reason and I told them I didn't appreciate being led on all these years with the promise of our terrible 1X service being upgraded "soon". So, we cancelled and took our business to a pay as you go. It's the same terrible service here at home, but at least we are paying half the price as with Verizon!

No comments: